on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nicolehannajewelry/
Oh yeah. I’m doing it. I’m making this big. 10,000 is huge. It’s a monolith of creating, sharing, conversing and, I dare say, I enjoy a fair bit of selfish glee as a result. I get to do what I love for a living. I get to share it with all of you. That’s a fantastic gift with a whole lot to squee about.
So, I’m starting it off early.
For every 1000 Facebook “likes” between now and the big day, a goodie goes to live with someone new. Four pieces of jewelry will find new homes between now and 10,000 Facebook “likes”. Both the item and the winner will be picked at random, but to win, a certain level of interaction will be required. I promise it wont be painful, and I’ll explain in a moment. First let me take a moment to talk about that monolith. Cue 2001 Space Odyssey intro…..
10,000 Facebook “likes” is, to many, an arbitrary number, a meaningless representation of marketing and business. But to me, each like is a person. It has a face, a personality, a presence in this world. And that presence has chosen to take a moment out of his or her day to share something with me. When you click “like”, comment on a post, send me a message or share your work, I become a part of something bigger than myself. I become a part of your day, your life, sometimes even your creative process. This is mind-blowing to me in its immensity. And I’m humbled.
Because of you, each one of you, I can wake up in the morning, tell my husband I’m going to work, then walk out to my couch and play with wire. This…. well… it’s a gift that is staggering in its beauty. And if I can share my appreciation in that gift and reward the time you generously give me with your likes, comments and posts, I’m going to do it big. I’m doing it with a day consisting of twelve glorious hours of constant freebies. Twelve winners. One every hour. Oh yeah… You heard me. I mean business. Every hour, someone present for the giveaway and actively commenting will win a Tree of Life Pendant, similar to the one pictured above. Growth is a good thing. Growth in business, sure, but creative growth as well, and in relationships fostered through interaction. This is a journey you’ve all shared with me, and I want you to continue to be a part of it, to continue to allow creativity a place in your life and, I’ll admit, my life as well. I’m a selfish creature at heart. The thought of a world without art, or the ability to create it is a numbing one indeed.
But wait… there’s more! Once every hour, on the half hour, during our giveaway day, a brand new tutorial will be given as well, to anyone present to claim it. Twelve brand new lessons, just for you.
Yet… somehow…. there’s still more!
There will be one Grand Prize, super duper winner, who will receive a custom seed bead embroidered necklace.
Now here’s how to win…..
The giveaway will occur within a week of reaching the magic number. It will be announced frequently on Facebook beforehand. However, since Facebook likes to hide me in news feeds, if you’d like to get the notifications, it means you’ll have to check in frequently. Some things that help is to like my page, hover over the like and click “Get Notifications”. But even this is sometimes flawed. If you check in every day or every other day, interact with a post or two, then Facebook knows you’re interested in what I have to say and (usually) forwards my posts to you. Many people missed out on my last giveaway day because they received no notifications of the event and didn’t check for news, events and posts often enough. I don’t want you to miss out!
Winners for the tutorials aren’t chosen. You just have to show up. Be there, wait for the post including the link to the tutorial, and grab it. The tutorial will be available for fifteen minutes. Why fifteen minutes? Because I’ll be posting oodles during the day, and I’m a little obsessive compulsive and removing the links at set times keeps me mentally organized. Plus, these are for you… who have followed me, supported me, encouraged me for months, sometimes years. Removing the links prevents the links from being shared across the web as a whole. This is not a thank you for strangers, but for you, those of you reading this right now. YOU are not a stranger to me. You’ve been a part of my journey, and it’s my gift to you. Yes, you’re bound to miss some, but I’m hoping 12 hours allows those of you from all over the world to get something, at least once. I’d stretch it to 24 hours, but given my significantly broken and woefully human body, there are (unfortunately) certain limitations to which I must be a slave.
Now, some deets…..
- Announcement for the giveaway will be posted on Facebook once the monolith arrives. Announcements will be repeated daily for a week, before the giveaway commences. You must be present to win either a Tree of Life Pendant or the tutorials.
- To win the GRAND PRIZE seed bead embroidered necklace, you just need to comment below, directly on the blog post. If you see no place to comment, please access from a laptop or desktop. This site may not be optimized for all phones, and particularly hates iPhones. Androids rule! Ahem. Sometimes, flipping your phone sideways helps reveal the “Comments” box on some models. You do not have to be present to win, but should check my Facebook page for the winning announcement and contact me with your shipping information. International winners should include a phone number or email address for our US customs forms.
- I will not message, via Facebook, any winners. Facebook considers this spam. Please watch the posts for the announcement of all winners, as they are announced. If you win, please message me with your shipping information. International winners should include a phone number or email address for our US customs forms.
- The giveaway will run US Eastern Time 3 pm to 3am. This should give plenty across the pond time to participate. I will ship anywhere. The giveaway is open to all who are present to win, or who comment here to win the grand prize.
- 3 pm (US Eastern) begins the giveaway with a Tree of Life pendant drawing. The post will be open to comments for 15 minutes, after which a winner is chosen at random and announced. This follows on the hour, every hour, thereafter.
- 3:30 pm (US Eastern) a new tutorial is posted and left available for 15 minutes. This follows on the half hour of every hour, thereafter.
- 9:30 pm (US Eastern), a new tutorial is posted and left available for 15 minutes. After which, the GRAND PRIZE WINNER IS ANNOUNCED!
- 2 am (US Eastern) the last Tree of Life Pendant is posted, left open for comments for 15 minutes, after which a winner is chosen at random and announced.
- 2:30 am (US Eastern) the last new tutorial is posted and left available for 15 minutes.
- 2:30-3 am (US Eastern) Tutorial BLAST. Random tutorials will be awarded in short 5 minute bursts.
I hope you’ll join me for it.
And if you have any questions about the giveaway, comment below. Which could actually be considered your entry for the GRAND PRIZE. Two birds, one stone and all that jazz.
I’m very excited, and I hope you are as well! I’ve got so many great things in store for the coming year, and I thank each of you for the opportunity to make it happen. You are all golden to me!