- To assure fairness, only one element from the “Materials & Tools” list (provided in the tutorial) may be changed, and anything may be omitted entirely that isn't used in the provided instruction. The size of the stone can change, for instance, but lengths and gauges of wire may not. Gauge of wires may change, but lengths and size of stone may not. You can change from a bead to a cabochon, but only if they are the same size, and other materials may not be changed as a result. Tools not listed may not be used at all, except when soldering a closed jump ring, and the solder may not be used in any other part of the piece. Jump rings are a minor material and gauges, size or style of jump ring may be changed without effecting your one allowed material change. Oxidizing materials and tumblers may be used, as they do not directly influence the size and shape of the finished design.
- When a piece is completed to his or her satisfaction, the contestant is asked to submit a single photo of a single finished piece via email, to email@example.com. Please title this email “Contest Entry”. No compilation photos. One single clear photo is requested. The completed project may be photographed on a chain, if desired, and on any display. Please save the image file as "your name" only and send as an attachment (not embedded in the email). Following these submission guidelines assures your entry is not missed! The deadline for this submission is August 22, 11:59 pm (US Eastern). Note: Photoscape and Picasa are both free programs suitable for image resizing and photo editing. Photo editing apps for smart phones and tablets, such as "Resize Me!", can be used as well.
- On August 23, an album will be created on Pinterest containing the submitted entries, then put to vote before all participants. Note: By submitting an entry to the August 2015 “Finish it!” Tutorial Contest, you are granting Nicole Hanna permission to display your image online for the purposes of promoting or running this contest.
- The participants will vote for “Group Favorite”, by commenting on their favorite entry (only one), with all votes submitted between August 23 and Midnight August 31. If you do not have a Pinterest account, or (for any reason) cannot comment on the entries, please submit your vote to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will comment on your behalf.
- Votes will be tallied and winner announced September 1.
“Group Favorite” will win my completed version of this project and any ten tutorials of their choice.
A “Judged Favorite”, chosen by a panel of four jewelry artists and three “consumers” (who are not participating in the contest), will also receive any ten tutorials of their choice.
Every contestant will receive the finished version of this tutorial simply for participating. This tutorial will arrive as a reply to your submission email, so check your spam folder if you do not receive it by the end of August. Also, be sure your email host will accept incoming attachments. I've had many emails rejected (especially from AOL and hotmail accounts) because the mail box was full, or security settings do not allow attachments.
Happy weaving everyone, and I hope you have fun!
Note: Please access this file via a laptop or desktop computer. Some mobile devices are uncooperative with PDF downloads (I'm looking at you, iPad!), and I may not be able to address requests for manual email delivery of this file in a timely manner (thus using up your submission time).
Good luck everyone and happy weaving!